First off, let’s explain SIP Trunking:
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking is the use of Voice over IP (VoIP) to facilitate a voice call over the internet from a private branch exchange (PBX),IP telephone handset or smartphone. Got it? Great!
Our SIP TRUNKING service works as follows:
- SIP Trunks are linked to a customer’s telephone system (an IP enabled PBX, VoIP conventional PBX, IP Telephone Handset or Mobile device.)
- Outgoing calls are routed out via the SIP Port instead of using costly traditional phone lines.
- Multiple calls can be made over the same line – One of the great features of SIP Trunking is that you no longer need to have a fixed line per call.
Basically, a single Internet connection replaces the conventional telephone lines, allowing an enterprise to communicate with fixed and mobile telephone subscribers’ worldwide -simultaneously.
The benefits of SIP TRUNK make it the obvious choice for larger organisations:
- It offers flexibility and considerable cost savings.
- Your business efficiency is improved
- Using SIP trunks in your converged voice and data network, you can assign bandwidth to other needs like email and Internet use.
- SIP trunks route multiple calls from local to international at a reduced cost.
- Another fantastic benefit of SIP TRUNK is that travelers or stay-at-home personnel can stay connected to HQ via the Internet.
- SIP TRUNK also eliminates the cost of internal communications.